All our jewels are from 925 sterling silver , a piece composed of 925 thousandths of silver, What does this mean? Which is composed of a percentage of 92.5% of pure silver, and 75 thousandths of copper, or 7.5% of copper expressed as a percentage. What we call the famous 925 sterling silver.
If so, it is also considered sterling silver. In the market for quality and characteristics it is one of the best that we can find.
Except for the jewels from the MAXI JOYAS collection, which are very special jewels made especially with a different alloy; in 999 Sterling Silver. That is, 99.9% pure Silver and 0.01% alloy materials.
Silver, and also pure silver, is a very ductile and malleable material. Its gray-like color with a white sheen is susceptible to polishing. It is not a material that is affected by oxygen and, therefore, is free from this type of oxidation. However, it is very sensitive to sulfur and darkens when it comes in contact with it. Two of its most important characteristics are its high thermal conductivity and its high electrical conductivity.
Silver is a material, which in principle can be subjected to sweat, water ..., but it depends on the acidity of each person, it is possible that our jewels will darken, but that is not a problem because this material can be easily cleaned and shine again with its original color!
How to clean silver jewelry and make it shine again?
Sterling silver can fade over time when exposed to the open air. The loss of shine is a natural process that can be solved without problem by washing it with a special product for Silver and a soft cloth.
Soap and water: Put your jewelry in a container with very hot water and even boiling water, add a little soap to wash your hands and leave your jewelry inside for 10 minutes, once you take them out, rub them with a cotton cloth (serve the wipe to clean your glasses) and finally dry them with a cloth.
Chamois to clean silver jewelry: There is a special chamois, which has a product impregnated in its fabric that serves to give shine and restore light to our jewels. They are going great. In our physical jewelry it is what we wear most often. You can buy them if you want here
Siddol liquid It is a special product for cleaning Silver. Once you have it, open the bottle, put your jewel inside and rescue it after 2-3 minutes, no more of them, then rub with a cotton or chamois cloth to remove product residues. Finally clean the jewel with soap and water and give it again with a cloth. We do not recommend doing this process with Gold Plated Silver jewelry.
Your jewels will be as new as the first day they arrived!
For the care of sterling silver and gold-plated jewelry:
1. We recommend not doing sports activities with the jewelry.
2. Avoid contact of the jewel with cosmetic or household products that can damage its color: such as lacquers, perfumes, shampoos etc ...
3. To clean the jewelry you should use warm water and pH neutral soap. Use a soft toothbrush and then dry them with a chamois or a special cotton cloth for them that you can buy in our online store.
4. Preferably it is better to store the jewels individually in their original cases for their correct conservation.
5. All the silver jewels with Gold bath are in their essence Silver, a silvery material, to which a gold coating of a few millimeters is applied so that with natural time, the use and friction of the same clothing , leather or jewelry can gradually fade the intensity of Gold. You will only have a permanently golden jewel forever without the intensity fade, that which is Solid or Pure Gold, since its original interior and exterior color is golden.
Finally, the speed at which this color disappears depends on multiple factors such as the use of chemical products on the skin, the level of body sweating or even the PH level of the skin of each person.
It is important to take proper care of your gold-plated jewelry, or, if your experience tells you that it does not last, it is preferable that you choose the jewelry in its silver version.
TIPS ON HOW TO PRESERVE AND CARE FOR PEARLS
Pearl is a quality organic material but it has a gloss life of about two hundred years. The pearl can become less bright and lose light if we have a bad use. Here are some very useful tips for prolong the beauty and life of a pearl.
1. Avoid direct contact with perfumes, alcohols, makeup, cosmetics, lacquers, soaps, etc., is the first advice that we can put into practice to avoid destroying the spectacular nature of our pearls:
We should never shower or wash with pearls on.
2. Preserve and store the pearls in a correct way is the second advice: Keeping them at a constant temperature is key, where there are no sudden changes in it. In this way, we will avoid excessive drying of them. Enemy to avoid: radiators and stoves.
When storing them, we will always prevent them from coming into contact with the rest of the jewels to avoid friction that could lead to scratches in the mother-of-pearl of the pearl. This is because pearl is much softer than the metals that jewelry is made of.
Finally, if possible, we will wrap them in a cotton chamois, velvet, gauze, etc., but never in a sealed box or case: pearls need to perspire.
3. In addition to cleaning with water after each use, if they remain unused for long periods of time, it is advisable to maintain them once a year, either with a damp cloth or, directly, with water.
Water is essential to prevent the pearl from drying out. However, although pearls appreciate contact with water, we should never leave them submerged in it, as this seriously damages the thread of the past.